Day One again: Discipline

Thursday, Nov 17

Today, a whole thunderstorm came along to my experience.
First, an arrogant customer who wanted to play the bargain game. I felt bullied and intimidated. Although I held myself on talking to others about it, I couldn't help it wanting to play it in my thought. I really had to discipline my thought to not go there. And it wasn't complaint exactly, but self justification-complaint's first cousin...

Then, my daughter called: "Mom, I just had a car accident, but I am OK, the car isn't, it was not my fault though!...". 
Now how you deal with this, in a non-complaint period?"Honey, I am in a mental diet right now, I can't take this!?"
Time for more prayer. On the way to the accident spot, I was trying to gather any thought I could about God and His Mother presence, where I was not. Then everything got taking care of, Natalia is fine, and everybody is safe.
So, I am grateful that Natalia is safe, I am grateful that my gratitude muscle is getting stronger and my complaint muscle is about to die...
Amen!


2 comments:

  1. Maria,

    These are wonderful posts and pictures. I'm so grateful that Natalia is fine. And I love that others are following this as well. I'm sure we've all needed to start over again a few times! I was thinking about how to reverse the complaints: for instance, instead of complaining that roses have thorns (we cut down all our rose bushes yesterday, getting them ready for winter), be grateful that thorns have roses! I love you all. Lots of healing progress since Association.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Maryl I started the re-count. Big mama is checking on me!

    ReplyDelete

We can't wait to hear your comments!

http://our21daysofgratitude.blogspot.com/