Day Eleven: Overwhelment

Tues Jan 10

"Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer.From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I. " Ps 61:1,2
Being overwhelmed is a common feeling of putting ourselves down and resist good.
"But how can I resist good?- I ask - I want good, I am good..."
Then I try to remember that it is just a suggestion of being separate.
God is never overwhelmed.
So I may go to God, and ask to take it from me.
I am grateful it is just a suggestion...

2 comments:

  1. It has been coming to me as well that separation is the root of problems. You can't feel lonely if you don't feel separate. You can't have a pity party if you don't feel separate. You can't be angry without separateness. The answer is to be. Instead of trying to change, be. Be the presence of divine Love today. Maybe nothing will "happen". It doesn't matter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture--I've felt just like that at times! But Dan's right, the root of all troubles is feeling separated from the divine goodness and love. But how can a sunbeam be separated from the sun? Can't happen. And a sunbeam isn't responsible for creating the light. It just shines with the light of the sun. Neither can we be separated from divine Love or have to do everything on our own steam.... it's a darn good thing! (See my daily lift today re. the light of Christ).

    ReplyDelete

We can't wait to hear your comments!

http://our21daysofgratitude.blogspot.com/